inspired by shelley’s. 2011 was an interesting year, that’s for sure. i accomplished more than i thought would be possible, while constantly pushing my limits, and i got more involved with the direction of my career— but yeah, that’s all sorta worky stuff, i guess. i think i’ll do a bulletpoint list because they’re just so much easier than whining on in my verbal diarrhea, so…
- applied and got accepted on exchange to hirosaki, japan for 5 months
- survived a 3 month long (!!) stomach ulcer… somehow.
- did BALLROOM DANCING for half a semester. best thing ever.
- learned how to bake lemon meringue pie. somehow.
- managed to get accepted into political science and religious studies majors and pass both papers well, despite jumping in at 300-level.
- got a killer fringe.
- won a few cosplay awards, including the trans-tasman cup with my partner in crime, sylvie. (:
- turned 21 surrounded by friends and family. (:
- got to go on an awesome daytrip to oamaru for the victorian fete, and to wellington for a week to chill with sylvie and co up there!
- held down 3 jobs at once. somehow.
- CAN COOK BETTER oh my god knowing how to cook basic stuff saves you so much money!
- managed to kick my anxiety problems after 2 months of getting help. (:
- taught a successful koto class for over 8 months.
- received my first scholarship.
- joined the asia:nz foundation!
- PERFORMED REALLY BADLY IN A MANDARIN PLAY. OHYEAH.
- played in the dunedin symphonic orchestra for, well. a while. time, it does not allow!
- learned what is the optimum living situation for me, and how to go about getting it.
- learned a LOT about people. too much.
- and other things.
i spent a lot of 2011 being ill, upset and stressed, which is why i’m going to try and turn things around and spend as much of 2012 as i can being happy, productive and content with where my life is going. power onwards!